Sunday, May 11, 2008

My favorite trial

This weekend was the Westmoreland county obedeince training club's spring agility trial, I love this trial and so do the dogs. It's outside and close to home...so I get to sleep in my own bed, drink good coffee, the dog's schedule doesn't get thrown off and they don't end up having to eat kibble or one of those dehdrated raw foods. Did I mention we love a trial where we all get to sleep at home?

The weather was *not* cooperating at all. Most of Saturday was rain and then it picked back up for the second half of the day on Sunday, so it was wet and muddy. Most people know my girls love mud (you've seen the pictures) and are not phased by rain when it comes to agility or playing.

Kittie was just amazing, she had her first completely perfect weekend! Two more double Q's and she picked up 100 points! woohoo!! Abby was completly focused and having fun. She held her stay, hit her contacts, stayed on the table and did her weave poles! I'm proud of my little Abby. She was a couple of knocked bars away from Qs. I feel like I've made some real progress with her lately.

3 comments:

Margie said...

WOW! What an amazing weekend! 100 points! I can't even imagine. You guys must have been smoken! :-)

I can't wait to see you, Kittie and Abby. I'm sure I'll pick up lot's of tips just watching. Our weekend had ups and downs. On the upside, Clancy hit both his A-Frame contacts and he let me do one front cross without freaking out and even did a beautiful send to a triple. :-) On the downside, and it's a biggy, not one weavepole completion. I sure hope you are ready to hear me talk all weekend about agility! :-)

westoverpugs said...

Absolutely!! I can't wait to talk agility all weekend : )You must handle very differently than me, I'm a front crosser, I rarely do rear crosses.

Margie said...

I'd like to be a front cross person, but I can rarely get in front of Clancy. ;-) He's faster than me. LOL! It's my goal to get into enough space to be "pug fast". :-)