Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well, Christmas came and went in a blur, like always. Every year I start thinking about the holidays early....I just never actually *do* much about them until the last minute. We don't do a ton of gifts, I really have most everything I need and I spend money through out the year on myself and the dogs, so there's no need to go overboard.

The pugs got a sheepskin rug to lie on in front of the fire, some kneecap bones to chew on while laying on their new rug, some wheat free chicken meatball treats, new skate board to play on and Abby got a mouse toy, which she already chewed off one of his feet.

It was a nice, relaxing day spent eating way too much, but now I feel like I haven't exercised in six months and gained 5 pounds....back to work!!

We have not a single trial planned...not one! We're training as much as possible though. I found a weekly class that's not bad and we're training with Donna a lot of weekends. I'm also planning to go to a foundation handling skills seminar both taught by Donna and again directly from Linda Mecklenburg. I want to brush up on understanding exactly why what works for me, works and really try to dig at what's happening when things go wrong. Kittie's a dog that I can practically run in my sleep. We just have a connection and a great understanding for what each other wants and when more information is needed...it just comes together so effortlessly. Abby gives me no wiggle room, at all! She needs much more information from me, what I assume is obvious is not to her, so I really owe it to her to pick apart every little thing that I am and am not doing. I also want to brush up on foundation skills for the new pup that will be joining us sooner or later.

2 comments:

Margie said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me! Linda Mecklenburg is in town this week and I'm going to her two day seminar! I can't wait. I just wish we could train our dogs but it's lecture the first day and she does demos the second day.

I don't have anything scheduled right now either after Clancy's horible last two trials. We are going to play at some NADAC for a while until he gets his act back. And I need to get mine back. :-) I'm starting to stress out way to much and Clancy is reading way to much into it. So he's loosing his edge also.

westoverpugs said...

That's exactly the same format I'm planning to go to at the end of Jan. Can you let me know what you think of it? I haven't registered yet, since it's unlimited and want to make sure it's worth the time and money. I've heard from others that it's *very* good.

Clancy sure looked good in those pictures.