Friday, February 20, 2009

Rudy update

I gave in and gave Rudy some rimadyl yesterday. I hate that stuff, but the arnica just wasn't strong enough. On one hand pain is good in that she was staying fairly calm and not moving around too much, but it's terrible watching your dog in pain. I ordered some traumeel for her, it's a homeopathic blend of several things that hopefully will help her and some glycoflex III for the whole pack. I'm going to contact Maria from annisage to see if she has any experience with this and see if she can work on Rudy a bit.

She does seem better today, but keeping her off the stairs is quite the challenge, as is not doing anything with her! I'm going to try giving her and Willy marrow bones and sneaking the others out to the park for a while. Willy and Rudy just love each other and Willy really doesn't care about going to the park unless it's in the 70s and sunny!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Have you tried Dog Gone Pain yet? I swear by this stuff. And it's not a drug so I feel much better about giving it. There is an article in WDJ from a couple of years ago that talks about it. I can send it to you if you don't have it. I had a friend try it with her German Shepard and the results were amazing. I buy mine from eBay.

westoverpugs said...

I tried it a few years back when she had a shoulder injury, and it didn't seem to help then.

I may give it a try again if the traumeel doesn't help.