Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July trial

We went to a small trial that was outside this weekend. Friday I only entered Kittie, and Indy ran in fast for practice. We took Saturday off, it was me and Bill's anniversary. 11 years already!!

Sunday all three girls were entered, but with temps predicted to be in the 90s, I just brought Indy. running just Indy also meant my day was going to be very short, I was only at the trial for a little over two hours.

Indy earned her first Open Jumpers leg, with a 1st place. She would have had an open standard leg as well, but she ran by the outside of the chute and was already onto the teeter and I never fixed it. She's doing better with all the trial commotion. there were hats everywhere, the judge was wearing a big, red, white and blue top hat, all the ring crew were wearing hats and she did good. She's still not running as well she's capable, there's a big, big difference between Indy in practice and Indy in competition, but she's getting there!

My biggest concern is she seems to really stress about being left alone in her crate at trials. She doesn't make a lot of noise, but she's licking her lips (stress signal in dogs) whenever I see her, and she's not resting. I'm not sure how to handle that. Stay with her more...come back frequently, I just don't know.

1 comment:

The Pug Boys said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary. Time always flies by.

How about when you are next to her crate and she is quiet and resting, praise and treat. When she's doing well in her crate when you are there move on to moving away from the crate for a brief moment. When you come back praise ant treat. Gradually increase the time away from the crate.