Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Venturing out from AKC

Indy and i are going to be expanding out from just AKC agility. We're doing one day at a local CPE trial, entered in jumpers, standard and full house...which I have no idea what that is! But it should be fun to do something different.

In September we're entering two days of USDAA. Really excited about that one, I still haven't decided what jump height she'll be running. We're currently going through all the foundation stuff we did at 8" all over again at 12" She never knocks bars (what a concept), but I want to make sure she's really jumping correctly and confidently. 12" just looks so big, but I'm probably stuck in the mindset I've had for the pugs.....and Abby jumped 12" for a while, and was reasonably successful at that height.

I feel like I'm stuck in a bit of rut with just AKC, many of the courses are very similar and I'm bored with taking up my whole day to just run two runs. I also hate that once you get to the Ex B level you need DQs to make any progress towards anything, it can be really demotivating. We're always going to run more AKC trials that anything else, there are just so many of them locally and it's a really good fit for the pugs, but I'm excited to try some new things.

No comments: