Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

While I'm not big on typical new years celebrations. I do really love New years, it's a great time to reflect and think about new goals and how to go about reaching those goals.

Here are my goals for the New year, some are dog/agility related and others aren't

in no particular order:
-Get in a better habit of taking care of myself. I'm outside all the time, and being in harsh weather that much can really start to beat you up. I can be a such a tomboy at times, I need to get in touch with my girly side. I do have one, in fact I was a total priss when I was younger!

-Learn to run faster with my dogs. I'm a decent sprinter, but put a dog with me, and all my speed disappears, I need to learn how to cue a dog in agility and really RUN at the same time.

-Continue working on my mental game. I sometimes can be over excited at trials, and others I feel completely under aroused. I'm getting better.

- Qualify for 2012 nationals with Indy, continue to work towards trusting my dog(s) and really running like it's a big game of chase, let Kittie continue occasionally running in agility trials, let Abby just be Abby....maybe she'll do agility or maybe she won't and be okay with whatever happens.


We spent New years weekend at a trial Zanesville OH. It was really fun, the trial was run well and it's such a nice venue. Kittie who was supposed to be retired ran amazingly well. She loves agility. She's a tad high maintenance, so it really helped to have Bill's help. I can't bring myself to retire her, so I think for now she will continue to run, but only at trials on good surfaces/equipment and when I will have Bill around to help. Indy did really well too. She would have been clean in 3 out of 4 runs if weren't for the weaves. she needs exactly 2 tries to complete them. I have some ideas of what may be going on, and we're going to try to work on it, I think it's also just part of being a baby dog too. She's doing great though, and she's a blast to run!

No comments: